Essential oils to boost your workout
Punching away your stress? Running to a healthier life? Boxing to a happier you? Yes to all of the above! It’s no secret that physical exercise can bring lifelong benefits and thanks to Young Living we’ve got some essential oil tips that’ll help to make you want to move even more!
We have our diffuser going at the enerG+ studio and are often mixing up our blends, take note next time you walk in what’s diffusing today, maybe you can diffuse the same blend at home for your DIY workouts or make up a personal roller to use like a perfume.
Whether you’re walking around the neighbourhood or turning up the volume on your home workout video or joining us in the studio for your favourite boxing or pilates classes exercising can be easy and effective. Getting to that 6 a.m. boxing class is already a huge win! Master the early morning wake-up calls with these essential oil hacks.
1. Diffuse for the right atmosphere. High-intensity cardio calls for energising oils like Peppermint and Lemon.
Along with smelling amazing Young Living’s Peppermint Wellness Essential Oil can also be used as an analgesic to relieve pain such as toothache, headaches & menstruation pain it can also be used to maintain a healthy appetite. Young Living’s Lemon Wellness Essential Oil can be used to increase mental stamina & enhance mental alertness, it also supports healthy emotional balance.
Seeking more zen? Set the mood for yoga or Pilates with some beautiful pre-blended oils such as Stress Away, Harmony, Grounding or Peace & Calming.
2. Hydrate for a happy body. Add a drop of Grapefruit, Lemon or Lime essential oil to your water for tasty hydration as you fast-track those weight-management goals. Sip from your reusable water bottle and ditch the disposable kind. Please note we recommend adding Young Living’s culinary essential oils only as directed, normally only 1 drop or less as essential oils are very concentrated and need to be treated with respect and caution when consumed.
3. Stretch out the soreness to recover & repair those muscles. Keep a bottle of Cool Azul Sports Gel or my personal favourite; the ever handy Deep Relief roller in your gym bag to rub into tired muscles while you stretch or use your foam rollers.
4. Keep it cool after your high intensity boxing sweat sesh! Before you start your workout, put a drop or two of Eucalyptus Globulus on a damp hand towel, wring it out, and store in the fridge/freezer. After your workout, rub the towel over your neck, arms and chest for a cooling reward.
5. Get those gains! Maximise your workout with nutrition. Add Young Living's Pure Protein Complete™- your choice between delicious Chocolate Deluxe or Vanilla Spice – to your diet for the extra protein your body needs to build and maintain muscle. Drink within 30 minutes of your workout for optimal use.
6. Refresh your gym bag. Spritz this DIY stinky shoe spray in gym shoes, boxing gloves or spray your whole gym bag.
7. Exercise mat spray. Keep your pilates mat clean with this easy DIY recipe. Mix the following in a glass spray bottle and give your mat a light spritz after every class. • 1 cup distilled water
• 1/4 cup witch hazel • 10 drops Tea Tree essential oil • 10 drops Thieves essential oil
8. After all that it’s now time to Soak in relaxation. Draw a warm bath with 2 drops each of Frankincense and Lavender to 1/4 cup Epsom salt for a rewarding recovery.
Which is your favourite way to boost your workout with essential oils?
Tell us in the comments!
To find out more about Young Living essential oils chat with Gen in the studio or check out the Young Living website here