Top tips to reduce cellulite
Cellulite - that bumpy looking skin most commonly seen on our bottoms & thighs that we strive to avoid or at least minimize.
Did you know that 90% of women are affected by cellulite? and yes it does affect men also.
So what actually is it? Cellulite is a condition in which the skin gets a dimpled look caused by fat pushing through the connective tissue under the skin
Here's a few tips to help you reduce the appearance of the orange-peel look:
1. Yep you guessed it - Regular exercise is vital. It burns calories to reduce fat, boosts circulation and can help disguise cellulite by increasing muscle tone under the skin.
We have included some bottom & thigh specific exercises here for you to add to your workouts, those who attend enerG+ Pilates classes regularly will find them quite familiar - another reason to try a Pilates class at enerG+ if you haven't yet ;)
2. Eating a healthy & balanced diet will mean your body will have less fat to push through the tissue in the first place, replace saturated fats with healthy omega-3 fats such as oily fish, flaxseed and fish oils, and nuts. These help with blood circulation.
3. Reduce toxins such as smoking & alcohol
4. Increase your intake of antioxidant-rich foods in your diet, such as berries, red fruits, orange fruits, orange veggies and citrus fruits. Antioxidants are your number one defence against free radicals, which cause damage to skin cells and can contribute to cellulite formation.
5. Move - avoid sitting/standing in the same position without moving for long periods of time, get up and visit a workmate at their desk rather than sending an email
6. Consider your underwear - wearing tight elastic across your bottom can limit blood flow
7. Massage - yes you see many special creams & lotions out there that claim to reduce cellulite but any simple moisturizer/massage oil can also help, it's getting the blood circulating.
Try these exercises that particularly target your bottom & thighs....
Consider your body & ability before performing any exercise especially if it's new to you.
For any assistance please ask us
Inner Thigh Raises
Squat & Side Kick
Laying Butt Blasters
One Legged Lunge
Kneeling Donkey Kick
Kneeling Kick Back