One-Pan Healthy Sausage and Veg
A great mid week one pan dish for all the family!
2 small (1 cup) red potatoes, cubed
350 grms green beans, ends trimmed
1 large head of broccoli (1 and 1/2 cups), chopped
2 large or 6-7 mini (1 and 1/2 cups) capiscums chopped
250 grms sausage
6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp red pepper flakes, optional
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
*Optional: fresh parsley, quinoa/rice to serve with, Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Line a large sheet pan with aluminium foil or baking paper.
3. Slice sausage like thick coins.
4. Place all the veggies and sausage on a sheet pan. Pour the olive oil and all the spices on top. Toss to evenly coat all the veggies and meat.
5. Bake 15 minutes, remove from the oven and flip/stir all the veggies around. Return to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender and sausage is browned.
6. If desired, sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the veggies and sausage as soon as they come out of the oven.
7. Enjoy with rice or quinoa and fresh parsley if desired.