Planning your lunches ahead of time not only saves you time but also money. Do you need a new recipe to try? Well search no more. These two tasty recipes are sure to please and curb your hunger!
Bacon and Cheddar Zucchini Bread
The flavours are simply wonderful! This is delicious served warm from the oven or cooled. It has a texture of a cake, only the flavours are of course savoury. They freeze well, so always handy if you have unexpected visitors for a light lunch or brunch!
Ingredients: 3 eggs 1 tablespoon sugar 1/2 cup oil Half (about 1 cup) of a whole zucchini, washed and shredded 1 cup cooked and drained chopped bacon (cooled) 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese 6 tablespoons of milk 1 1/2 cups flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp baking powder Pinch of salt 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1. In a mixer, add eggs, sugar, oil and mix for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini, bacon and cheese. Combine well. Then add the milk.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder, salt & pepper then add that slowly to the wet mix and combine well.
3. Pour the batter into the lined bread pan and bake at 170 C for 1 hr 20 minutes. Test with a skewer in the centre to see if cooked. Enjoy!
Corn & Chive Fritters
Small in size but packed with flavour! Great to make on a Sunday ready for the week ahead.
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add seasoning. Make a well in the centre of the mix. Whisk in egg and buttermilk. Stir until just smooth. Fold in corn, chives and coriander.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Add tablespoonfuls of fritter mixture, allowing room for spreading. Cook fritters for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear. Turn fritters over and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining mixture.
3. Combine avocado, lime juice and lime rind in a bowl. Top fritters with coriander leaves and serve with lime and avocado.